These Dutch Apple Cupcakes are perfect for a treat as they have a beautifully rich fruity taste. I love to make them with my children. They are fun to make and very much loved in my house. They make the perfect treat for apple lovers.
Makes approx 12 cakes
You will need
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100G Soft Margerine
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Braeburn apple or similar for the cakes and another for serving with if required.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 12 cake cases
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 or 180 degrees
- Arrange your cake cases on a tray ready for the oven
- Cream the margarine and caster sugar together either by hand or with an electric whisk
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk with a fork
- Slowly add the beaten eggs to the margarine and sugar mixture
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a separate bowl
- Fold the flour and baking powder mix into the margarine minute a little at a time
- Distribute the mixture into the cake cases
- Core and thinly slice the apple and arrange a couple of slices on top of each cake mix then sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar on top of the cakes
- bake for approx 20 minutes or until golden
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve when cool and enjoy!
They may not be the prettiest looking cakes in the world but they do taste good!