I made this Malteasers Philadelphia Cheesecake a few days ago and published a photo of it on my Instagram account. A couple of people asked me to publish the recipe on the blog too so I am.
I must say this is the nicest thing I have made for some time now so if you like cheesecake and Malteasers then it’s definitely worth a try. It’s also national chocolate week this week so it’s a great excuse to indulge (if you need an excuse that is) I just tend to go for it.
- half a packet of digestive biscuits
- quarter block of unsalted butter
- 2 regular tubs of Philadelphia cheese (400g) I used full fat
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 180g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large packet of Malteasers
- 2 food bags or cling film for smashing biscuits and Malteasers
- 1 punnet of strawberry’s for garnish
- Put the digestives in a plastic bag or wrap in cling film and gently smash them up with a rolling pin
- Melt the butter in a pan and tip the crushed digestives in and mix together.
- Add the mixture into a dish or tin and pop in the fridge to harden the butter and set the base (I waited 15 mins)
- Mix the cheeses, icing sugar and vanilla extract together with a whisk or electric mixer to form the topping. Add a handful of smashed Malteasers to the mix if required (I did it was delicious)
- When the base has hardened spread the cheesecake topping over it and fridge, for at least 3 and a half hours.
- Before serving, smash the half of the remaining malteasers up and sprinkle on top of the cheesecake. When you slice and plate up the portions add one or two full Malteasers to each slice and garnish with a strawberry.
So much fun to make and such a delicious end result.