Today I am sharing with you one of the favourite puddings in our house, The Melon Bowl Fruit Salad. It’s a lovely to look at healthy dessert, that is great for all ages. My children love to eat this and I find it is a great and fun way to encourage them to eat their 5 a day. The melon itself serves as a decorative bowl to house the salad so a great way to also save on washing up.
(makes 2 bowls)
- 1 cantaloupe melon
- 10 strawberries
- 20 blueberries
- 20 grapes
- Half a pineapple
- Physalis for decoration
- Wash all fruit.
- Halve the melon and carefully cut out the flesh, leaving the bowls intact and cut it into small pieces, as you will use it in the fruit salad.
- Quarter the strawberries and put into a large bowl with the cut up melon pieces.
- Halve the grapes and add to the bowl.
- Add the blueberries to the bowl.
- Core, skin and cut up the pineapple pieces and add to the bowl.
- Mix fruit carefully and then spoon into the melon bowls.
- Top with a physalis for decoration.
- Ready to serve.