This evening is cheat night so I’m cooking Tagliatelle with parmesan asparagus and bacon.
I’m trying so hard with my diet right now, and have successfully cut out grains from most of my meals, however I allow myself the odd cheat meal here and there and this dish always satisfies a pasta craving!
It’s super easy to make and loved my the whole family.
- 600g fresh tagliatelle
- 1 pack of smoked streaky bacon with around 10 slices
- 100g parmesan cheese grated
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- cut smoked streaky bacon into strips
- wash and slice asparagus into 1 inch pieces
- grate parmesan cheese and set to one side
- chop the parsley up and set to one side
- put to boil one large pan of salted water (for the pasta)
- put a good glug of olive oil in a separate pan and add the bacon and asparagus
- pan cook on a medium heat and keep it moving. Whilst its cooking start the pasta and when its done just turn off the heat and leave in the pan.
- add the pasta to the boiling salted water and cook for the required time as per pack instructions
- when the pasta is cooked drain and return back to the pan along with a tea of spoon full of the pasta water
- add two thirds of the Parmesan along with the bacon and asparagus and mix well.
- plate up
- sprinkle with Parmesan black pepper and top with fresh chopped parsley
- ready to eat