Today’s post is five reasons to consider buying second hand clothes.
I have been thinking a lot about my purchasing habits over the last few months and one thing that I wanted to try and do more is to shop in a more sustainable way when I do buy clothes. And instead of always buying new every time, taking a look at the second hand market too.
There are so many places now to shop second hand including dress agencies, ebay, charity shops, vintage shops, Vestiaire Collective and many more. The second hand market is saturated with clothes due to the overbuying of fast fashion.
After writing my faux fur coat wishlist post a couple of weeks ago I decided that instead of purchasing a new one, I would check out the second hand market first as there was sure to be lots for sale and there was!
I found the animal print coat in today’s post for a fraction of what it would have cost new and it had hardly been worn so I was happy to be able to get a beautiful coat without having to buy new.
I styled the coat with my basic blue jeans and cream jumper and finished off the look with my black ankle boots and Chloe bag which was also a second hand purchase some time ago.
Five Reasons To Consider Buying Second Hand Clothes
- It’s better for the environment as it is more sustainable and prevents the clothes from going into waste.
- You can save a lot of money and sometimes you can find brand new clothes for sale on the second hand market.
- You will not be wearing the same things as everyone else and have a more unique wardrobe and style.
- If you buy from charities, it’s also helping them too so you are donating your money to a good cause as well as shopping. You can even shop some charity shops online without having to go into a store.
- You can sometimes buy designer clothes for the same price as you would buy something new from a high street brand.
My favourite places to shop second hand
I hope you enjoyed the post and let me know your thoughts as always in the comments section below on my five reasons to consider buying second hand clothes. Do you sometimes buy second hand or always brand new?
Elasia Coat – By Malene Birger via ebay UK
Jumper – H&M
Jeans – Zara (sold out)
Boots – c/o Lotus Shoes
Ring – Monica Vinader MVINSIDER20-EB1B for 20% discount