Today I’m sharing with you my flower fruit snack recipe. This is one of the snacks that I make for my family to help them to eat more fruit. It’s also very popular with the adults too!
I love flowers and I spend a lot of time taking pictures of them in my spare time when I’m out and about. (If you have looked at my Instagram account you will see!) I actually got into doing this to promote mindfulness and positivity when I’m outside and to be more aware of my surroundings. I have incorporated this into my love of food too. I try to be as creative as possible with my family’s food to encourage them to eat healthily and not get bored. They love this simple portion of fruit dressed like a flower garden and so I thought I would share it on my blog for others looking for inspiration.
Makes one plate
- 1 large strawberry
- 2 cherries
- 3 raspberries
- 4 blueberries
- a few sprigs of parsley (I don’t eat this part just use it for decoration)
- 1 tablespoon of greek yogurt (I like Fage Total 0%)
- wash all fruit
- slice strawberry into 6 pieces
- slice the two cherries in half
- arrange the parsley sprigs on a plate, 1 per flower and two extra for decoration
- dip the fruit in the greek yogurt where they will be touching the plate, leaving out the strawberries
- arrange the fruits on the plate to make the flowers as per the picture. I blob a little greek yogurt onto the plate to make the center of the strawberry flower and then arrange the slices of strawberry.
- ready to serve.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this simple fruit snack. It does take a little bit of effort to make but it’s worth it.