Today I’m giving you some healthy eating inspiration with a simple Parisienne Salad Recipe.
With the New Year just a few days away I know that some will be making resolutions to eat healthier in 2016. I do try to eat healthy whole foods anyway but I will be going further for 2016 to reach my goals. I wanted to try and give some inspiration for a tasty salad.
Parisienne Salad is nothing new and you can find it on most menus if you go to Paris, hence the name. This is my version of it using ingredients purchased from my local store.
I also will be hopefully sharing some more salad recipes with you in the new year.
You will need
For the salad
- Salad leaves (I’m using Florette)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- A pack of Ham or Chicken(I’ve heard of both being used, but I’m using ham)
- Cheese (I’m using Edam but a french cheese would be more traditional)
- Green Beans
- New potatoes (approx 5 per person)
- Eggs (1 egg per person)
For the Dressing
- Dijon Mustard
- White Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Boil the potatoes until soft, drain and set aside.
- Boil the eggs until hard (3-5 minutes) and at the same time boil the green beens for a couple of minutes until tender.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes and slice the cucumber up.
- Grate some cheese and slice up the ham into small strips.
- Mix 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp honey, q tsp vinegar and 2 tsp olive oil together to make the dressing.
- Halve the cooled potatoes.
- Peel and quarter the eggs.
- Slice up the green beens into pieces about 1 inch long.
- Arrange all of the prepared ingredients on a plate.
- Drizzle with some dressing.
I hope you enjoyed the Parisienne Salad Recipe and feel inspired to try it for yourself!