Hi. Today I’m sharing with you an alternative recipe that I use when I’m trying to eat low carb but really fancy an old favourite, the tuna cucumber baguette.
This recipe is extremely popular in my house. My children love to eat it and it’s a great way to encourage them to eat more vegetables. It’s a lunch to be enjoyed by the whole family that is very healthy.
- Half a tin of tuna
- Half a cucumber
- Salad cream (approx 1 table spoon)
- Half of a sweet red pointed pepper
- A few leafs of fresh parsley
- Half the cucumber and trim off the end. Cut it through the middle to make two long pieces. Scrape or cut the seeds from the middle and discard. Arrange the two pieces of cucumber on the plate
- Drain the tuna and add to a bowl with salad cream (or mayo/greek yogurt if you prefer) Mix together
- Chop half of the sweet pointed pepper into small pieces and mix with the tuna
- Spoon onto the cucumber pieces
- Decorate with fresh parsley
- Ready to eat
I hope you enjoy making this Low Carb Tuna Cucumber Baguette Alternative. Please let me know your thoughts, as I love to read your comments.