Today I’m making an old bloggers favourite for lunch, avocado on toast with a fried egg. This such an easy and quick meal to make and full of fibre an good fats. It makes a filling and healthy lunch for the whole family to enjoy.
I love to eat avocados for lunch and find this lunch fills me right up until dinner. I find when I eat this, I snack less in general, as it’s high in fibre and keeps hunger at bay!
There are so many variations on this amazing dish online, that I feel like sometimes you have seen them all, but I really wanted to share my version with you. I hope you enjoy making it.
- 1 egg
- Half an avocado
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- Black pepper course ground
- Fresh parsley to season
- Olive oil
- Slice half an avocado into thin slices
- Toast 2 slices of bread in the toaster or under the grill
- Arrange the avocado on top of the toasted bread in slices. (I find that as the avocado contains fats I do not need butter on my toast but you may want butter too)
- Fry 1 egg to your taste in olive oil (I like to keep the yolk runny)
- Add to the avocado on toast
- Season with fresh parsley and course ground black pepper