Today’s look is my winter maxi dress outfit.
Happy Friday! I hope you are all set for the weekend.
Winter Maxi Dress Outfit
I wanted to show you this outfit as it’s how I wear my maxi dress at this time of year. Winter styling of maxi dresses can feel tricky but here are some tips that I think about when wearing maxi dresses in the winter that makes it a lot easier.
- Style the maxi dress with tights and ankle boots. Either black or natural colour tights work depending on the colour of your boots. I find black tights look better with black boots.
- Wear long boots under your maxi dress. (That’s a very on trend thing to do this season.)
- Style the maxi dress with trainers for a laid back daytime look.
- Layer a biker jacket, sweater or chunky knitted cardigan over the maxi dress for an extra layer of warmth.
- Opt for a darker floral print with a dark background like black or navy.
As you will see, I have paired my maxi dress with tan ankle boots and as it’s a nice mild day, I did have a cardigan but have taken it off for some of the photos so you get to see the full dress.
The dress is an older one of mine that I styled on the blog back in the summer of last year. (You can see the original post here.) It’s from British brand Alice’s Pig and as it’s one of their classic dresses, it’s still in stock. Alice’s pig is an ethical brand and what I love about the smaller ethical brands is that they are not fast fashion pieces.
Shop Maxi Dresses
I hope you like the look and tips. Let me know your thoughts on the winter maxi dress outfit in the comments section below.
Shop Maxi Dresses
Dress – Alice’s Pig c/o
Boots – Massimo Dutti (old)
Bag – Fendi
Floral necklace – Alex Monroe c/o
Small chocker necklace – Les Mots Doux c/o