This evening for dinner I made my version of a Cobb Salad with cajun chicken. It was delicious and very quick and easy to make. Usually a Cobb Salad recipe contains blue cheese and eggs but I left out the cheese as I’m trying to trim down and had ran out of eggs.
- 400g Chicken mini fillets
- 1 pack smoked bacon
- Cajun spice mix (usually in the spice section of most supermarkets in the UK)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 2 Sweet red pointer peppers
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Bag mixed leafs washed and ready to eat
- Salad cream or mayo if you want it!
- Wash cucumber and tomatoes.
- Chop up tomatoes, cucumber and avocado up into small pieces leaving out the leafs as they stay as they are and set to one side.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the spice mix and pan cook per pack instructions.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking cut up the bacon into small pieces and pan fry until slightly crispy and a nice golden colour.
- Arrange the leafs on a plate so it makes a base for the rest of the salad.
- Arrange the rest of the items tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, bacon and Cajun chicken into rows on top of the leafs.
- Add salad cream or mayo if desired.
- You’re ready to eat!
I hope you enjoy making this Cobb Salad recipe as much as I do. The end result looks really colourful and it’s a great salad for children. My kids call it Rainbow Salad and always leave empty plates.